Mindy

Mindy
2 months

Whitney

Whitney
2 yrs old

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Whitney's First Birthday!

Holy cow! I can't believe that it has been a year since our sweet little Angel has come to us! Where did the time go? It makes me tear up thinking about how much we have been through to get her here! I am so glad that she is here. She is my sunshine! Well She had her first birthday on 10/29. Two days before Halloween! I am really glad that she didn't come on Halloween, I didn't want that. I don't know why, but I just didn't. Well on her Birthday I had to go to work and she was with Grandma Bezzant for most of the day, I couldn't wait to get home to see her and be with her. Trav wasn't home he was on the road and he was going to be home for her Birthday party on Friday! I got to my mom's and then took her shopping. We first went to Target and I picked out her presents, well actully Travis did too, because I called him a thousand times to give him the details about what I wanted to get, I couldn't decide, I found so many cute things. Also I got some stuff for the party and then went to the mall to find some white shoes for her and earings for me. Of course I had to go my favorite store for her. It's called crazy eight. I found the cutest little sweater dress and shoes and socks and cute heart baretts that matched the outfit! I couldn't pass it up. Then I decided that I needed to take her out to dinner. You always need to take your kids out for lunch or dinner on their birthday. We went to the Flaming Wok in the University mall, I thought that she would like the noodles. She LOVED them. I got sesame chicken and sweet and sour chicken and I also got a sprite for us to share. It was so cute to watch her take her first sip of sprite, She took a sip and made a funny face and then I tried to give it to her again and she wouldn't take it, I think it was too fizzy for her and she likes her drinks warm (her milk has to be really warm) so I think that she didn't know what to do! That is fine if she doesn't want to drink pop, hopefully less dentist bills. :) Anyway it was a nice day, but it didn't feel like her birthday until Friday when we had the party. I will post soon about her birthday. I need to get the pictures off my camera. Trav stole the batteries out of it to put it in his camera, so I don't know when I will get them posted, but I will soon. :)

2 comments:

Ginga said...

I loved her birhday outfit - SO cute!!!

Shannon said...

Happy birthday, sweet Whitney! The first year goes way too fast, and so do all the others. Enjoy every minute, it sounds like you are.