Mindy

Mindy
2 months

Whitney

Whitney
2 yrs old

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ohio continued

Well, it has been a month, and I bet your dying to know what else we did in Ohio. I know I am way behind on our summer, but when you have a baby, you really don't have time to blog. But Whitney is asleep and I am on fall break so here it goes:

Anyway.... after his brother picked us up in his small little vehichle that reminded me of my uncle Kenneth's car. (that is another blog) we arrived at Travis's mom's house. She lives in Apple Creek, just a little town, I mean LITTLE town outside of Wooster, Ohio. Travis's mom lives in Amish Country, his across the street neighbors are Amish and so his mom's house (trailer) is the only one with lights on, Everything else is pitch black, you can't see anything. We got there pretty late and we were all tired. So some important things that we did there was one, that Travis's sister went and recieved her endowments! It was a great day! Travis's neice Adalaide watched Whitney while we were in the temple, and I was so nervous, because I have never left her with anyone except my mom, and my sisters. But Adalaide did really well! When were waiting for Angie to come into the Endowment room, I was sitting besides Travis's sister Heidi and then she walked into the room! I can't describe the feeling I felt when she walked into the room, there was such a strong spirit there! I started to get emotional and looked over at Heidi and I think she was feeling the same way I felt, because she was crying too! It was such a great experience and I was so happy to be in the Celestial room with my sweetheart! After the temple we went out to eat, I can't remember what it was called, but it was a buffet and it was really good, The next big event was our nephew Brandon that got baptized! Travis's brother Aaron baptized him and Travis was a witness and Confirmed him a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints! Again that was such a spiritual day! In Ohio they actually get baptized on Sunday and Confirmed the same day. I even get emotional now writing about this day too! Again there was a special spirit in the room as Brandon entered the waters of baptism and then again there was a special spirit as he recieved the Holy Ghost! I am so proud of Travis that he got this oppurtunity to do this and that he has always Honored his priesthood, so he could be worthy do to things like this! It was a amazing day! It was also a nice visit with my mother-in-law Cheryl, she is so sweet to me and Travis's family makes me feel so welcome, that I actually didn't want to come home to reality. Travis had to leave to go on the road and I wasn't going to leave until wednesday so I had two days with travis's mom, sister and brother and their families. One of those days we went to Tuscora Park! It was so much fun, but I didn't feel that great and so I was really tired. It is really funny, but Travis's mom hates to drive on busy roads, so I got to drive to Tuscora and it was different to drive in a city that I had no idea where I was going. Tuscora park was like a amusment park for little kids, It has a train, merry-go-round, ferris Wheel and swings, but the park was absoutley beautiful, but it wasn't for babies at all! But I did discover that Whitney LOVES to swing in the baby swings at the park. We also fed the ducks, by the time we were done, it was dark and it was time to drive back, but I forgot to bring my glasses and I can't see very well in the dark, so Travis's mom tried to follow Angie back to Apple Creek, but she couldn't Keep up with her (she kinda drives kinda slow). Now I know why Travis drives so slow! LOL. Whitney did really well on the plane again as were going home! This time theiy didn't have any extra seats so I had to hold her, but she was sooo good and she made a lot of friends on the plane, especially a little dog. Yes there was a dog on the plane, he was in a little doggie bag. Get it Doggie Bag! I crack myself up!! Anyway she thought that the dog was great and a lot of people were impressed how well she was behaved and how happy she was! Well that is about it. I hope you enjoyed reading about our trip, I had a lot of fun and I'm already looking forward to our next trip to Ohio this next summer, but one thing Whitney will be 19 months, so I have no idea how she will do on the plane, maybe next time I will have to drug her. (Kidding mom, Kidding) I love to watch my mom's eyes get big when we say stuff like this :)

No comments: